Click on this link to send a police report: File a Report
http://www.houstontx.gov/police/online_report.htmThe purpose of this form is to allow Houston citizens to conveniently file police reports from home, work, or anywhere with Internet access. After completing the necessary information you will receive an actual incident number, and you will be able to print the report for your records.
This web site should never be used to report an emergency, a crime in progress, or any type of injury. For emergencies, call 9-1-1. For any other situation that requires the response of a police officer, call 713-884- 3131 .
Before continuing, you should be aware that it is a crime to make a false police report. You should also know that this form CAN ONLY be used to report a limited, specific set of crimes (as listed below *) and only under certain conditions. (We will be adding additional crime categories in the future).
* This form CAN ONLY be used to report:
- Theft (under $5,000 in value, Non-vehicle Related) with no suspects or witnesses. If the total value of items is greater than $5,000, you cannot use this form. (Example: Your bicycle is stolen from your front yard.)
- Criminal Mischief (under $5,000 in damage, Non-vehicle Related) – Non-vehicle Related (such as vandalism or property damage) with no suspects and no witnesses. (Example: Someone intentionally damaged your property.)
And, you can ONLY use this form if:
- You have access to a valid, functioning e-mail address.
- You are the actual victim of the theft, loss, or criminal mischief (not a witness, relative, friend, etc.)
This form CANNOT be used if:
- The Crime / Loss / Incident occurred outside the city limits of Houston, Texas.
- Any evidence exists (such as fingerprints, burglary tools left at the scene, any type of evidence, or anything that must be collected or processed by the police.)
- Suspect information exists (such as a license plate number, surveillance photos, or a physical description of the suspect.)
- An emergency exists. (In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.)
- If any type of force or break-in occurred (Contact 713-884-3131 to report burglary or burglary of a motor vehicle).
- If any injuries occurred.
- This form CANNOT be used to report a stolen vehicle (Contact 713-884-3131 to report auto theft).
Your responses to the questions on the next several screens will help ensure that your incident is eligible for an online police report.